- Company: 43North
- Posted: 04/19/2022
- Location: Buffalo, NY
- Category: Internship
- Job Type: Internship
Are you a creative thinker, with a knack for the written word, project management skills, and an in-depth understanding of social media trends? Can you efficiently complete tasks in a fast-paced working environment? Are you curious about Buffalo’s startup ecosystem and passionate about the Queen City?
If so, you might be the right person to join 43North’s marketing team as a marketing intern!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The marketing intern will play a key role in supporting 43North’s marketing team leading up to our annual startup competition in the fall. This individual will support all marketing team members including (but not limited to) writing blog/social media posts for the content team, gathering art assets and images for the creative team, taking notes during weekly marketing meetings, and serving as an on-the-ground resource for in-person events – which may include being responsible for mailing swag, hanging signage, carrying boxes, packing gift bags, greeting event attendees, and everything in between. A collaborative spirit and a willingness to roll up your sleeves and pitch in will be required.
Specific responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Participate in creative discussions surrounding marketing efforts and take notes for the team
- Write blog post content and social media content for platforms including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, and TikTok.
- Collecting creative assets for digital ads, videos, website content, social media, and more.
- Research, data collection, and presentation of findings (mainly about startups and founders) for marketing-purposes
- Managing social media/email giveaways organizing entires, and mailing swag bags to winners.
- Assist with the execution of in-person events, including hanging signage, carrying boxes, packing gift bags, greeting event attendees, and passing out swag.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Live and work locally in Buffalo, NY. This position is NOT remote.
- Availability for a minimum of 15 hours/week May 2022 – August 2022 (summer) OR August 2022 – December 2022 (fall) – There is also the option to intern for both the summer and fall for the right candidate.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, or related field (preferred but not required)
- Knowledge of social media platforms including Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, TikTok, and YouTube
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, creative, and analytical skills
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced work environment
- An understanding of the city of Buffalo’s cultural and entertainment assets and knowledge of Western New York’s entrepreneurial landscape
- The ability to learn and use software including Gmail, Asana, Slack, Notion, Canva, and Google Drive
- Team-oriented mindset with a positive attitude, collaborative spirit, and willingness to pitch in as needed
- Passion for startups, Buffalo, and economic development
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A chance to contribute to building Buffalo’s entrepreneurial ecosystem
- Casual work environment in Buffalo’s tech hub at Seneca One Tower
- An opportunity to network with hundreds of like-minded individuals, as well as Buffalo’s top companies and fastest-growing startups
(Keep scrolling to apply)
HOW TO APPLY:
Click apply and make sure to include:
■ Subject line: Make the subject line “43N Marketing Internship”
■ 1 Minute Pitch Video
- Since 43N holds an annual business plan competition where startup founders pitch on stage, we want to hear your pitch! Send us a 1 Minute video explaining why you want to join the 43N Internship Program and why you’re a good fit! You can send us a link to the video via Google drive, put it on as an unlisted video on Youtube, or create a TikTok and send us the link (get creative)!