Application Recruitment InternApply
- Company: 43North
- Posted: 04/19/2022
- Location: Buffalo, NY
- Category: Internship
- Job Type: Internship
Are you curious about Buffalo’s startup ecosystem and passionate about the Queen City? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment and a desire to connect with entrepreneurs?
If so, you might be the right person to join 43North’s team as an application recruitment intern!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The application recruitment intern will spend the summer playing a key role in supporting 43North’s application process leading up to our annual startup competition. This individual will have a hand in recruiting applicants, assist companies with questions during the application process, and screening applicants for quality and fit.
A collaborative spirit and a willingness to roll up your sleeves and pitch in will be required.
Specific responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Assisting with targeting 2022 “top-of-the-funnel” applicant universe
- Utilizing targeted lists of startups to cold-call potential applicants, encouraging them to apply to 43North.
- Data collection and updating the 43North CRM with accuracy and attention to detail
- Working directly with the portfolio recruitment manager and marketing team to identify potential applicants
- Accurately relaying information about 43North and the program to potential applicants via phone calls/text messaging.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- High school senior or pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Business, Entrepreneurship, or related field (preferred, but not required) Live and work locally in Buffalo, NY. This position is NOT remote.
- In-person availability May 2022 – August 2022
- Comfortable at making numerous phone calls and speaking with new people Superior communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and analytical skills
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced work environment
- An understanding of the city of Buffalo’s cultural and entertainment assets and knowledge of Western New York’s entrepreneurial landscape
- The ability to learn and use CRM software (such as Copper, PitchBook, Google Drive, etc)
- Team-oriented mindset with a positive attitude, collaborative spirit, and willingness to pitch in as needed
- Passion for startups, Buffalo, and economic development
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A chance to contribute to building Buffalo’s entrepreneurial ecosystem
- Casual work environment in Buffalo’s tech hub at Seneca One Tower
- An opportunity to network with hundreds of like-minded individuals, as well as Buffalo’s top companies and fastest-growing startups
- Hourly compensation based on experience
HOW TO APPLY:
Click apply and Make sure to include:
■ Subject line: Make the subject line “43N Application Recruitment Internship”
■ 1 Minute Pitch Video
- Since 43N holds an annual business plan competition where startup founders pitch on stage, we want to hear your pitch! Send us a 1 Minute video explaining why you want to join the 43N Internship Program and why you’re a good fit! You can send us a link to the video via Google drive, put it on as an unlisted video on Youtube, or create a TikTok and send us the link (get creative)!