Business Development RepresentativeApply
- Company: FirzMark
- Posted: 01/11/2023
- Location: Amherst, NY
- Category: Sales and Business Development
- Job Type: Full Time
- Experience Level: 1+ Years
Who We Are:
FitzMark is a third-party logistics provider specializing in all modes of transportation. We deliver best-in-class services for both our customers and carriers by leveraging our proprietary technology, DASH, and maintaining a proactive operational approach to ensure all logistics needs are guaranteed. With offices strategically located in Indianapolis (HQ), Chattanooga, Birmingham, Buffalo, Omaha, Detroit and Atlanta, FitzMark has been able to sustain growth in a complex industry and market.
At FitzMark, success is driven by emphasizing our employees’ accomplishments in a collaborative and dynamic environment. We provide the tools and resources necessary to promote a culture of ownership and accountability to guide your career path and financial freedom.
Are you ready to make your mark?
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop a pipeline of prospective transportation opportunities with shippers across all industries
- Generate new sales opportunities by cold-calling, emailing, networking, etc.
- Gain insight into the organization and processes of a prospect or customer to optimize the best approach to provide solutions
- Prepare pricing, rate negotiations, and transportation bids in a timely manner with respect to market demands and goals
- Support the development of existing and new customers across all means of transportation
- Collaborate internally with the carrier operations department and account management team to ensure FitzMark delivers best-in-class service
Experience and Qualifications
- High School Diploma Required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience highly preferred
- Minimum 1-year sales experience preferred
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to create and maintain strong relationships with customers through email, face-to-face, and telephone communication
- Impeccable negotiation skills with ability to motivate and persuade decision makers
- Possess the “Hungry” and “Hunter” mentality
- Strong objection prevention and handling skills
- Vigorous prospecting capability
- Competitive spirit and passion for sales
- Resilient – remain persistent despite challenges and obstacles
Benefits and Perks
- Paid Industry Training
- Comprehensive Benefits Packet (Medical, Vision, Dental)
- Company Provided Life Insurance + Optional Additional Policy
- 401(k) with Company Match or Gradifi Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Health and Wellness Program
- Paid PTO and Holidays + Unlimited PTO Policy on 1-Year Anniversary
- Free Onsite Parking
- Casual Dress Code
FitzMark provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment , including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.