Business Support SpecialistApply
- Company: TechBuffalo
- Posted: 08/05/2022
- Location: Buffalo, NY
- Category: Professional
- Job Type: Direct Placement
Founded in 2020, TechBuffalo is a nonprofit organization that strives to grow a sustainable, inclusive, and accessible technology community for Western New York by improving our region’s ability to retain, attract and foster technology talent.
TechBuffalo aims to be the hub for all things tech talent related in WNY by connecting programs and increasing collaboration across WNY tech talent initiatives. By partnering with community organizations, government entities, educational institutions, and private sector businesses, TechBuffalo brings people together to grow the tech industry and better our community.
Learn more at www.techbuffalo.org
At TechBuffalo, our success depends on our people, productivity, and processes. Our Business Support Specialist team member will be the supportive force driving each of these areas, and we’re currently seeking someone stellar to be the glue for our team. The ideal
person for the role is a flexible problem solver with superb communication skills and a detail-oriented mindset. You should have prior experience thriving in an administrative capacity and improving a team’s operational efficiency.
- Ensure general management of the office, overseeing operational efficiency, effective communications, and other types of strategic and tactical planning
- Maintain facilities management, vendor contracts and relations, and facilitation of all office functions and services
- Schedule and track meetings and appointments for the organization
- Update spreadsheets, databases, and documents used by the organization for team operations, accounting, partnerships, and other necessary purposes
- Grow the efficiency of existing organizational processes and procedures to enhance and sustain the organization’s internal capacity
- Ensure operational activities remain on time and within a defined budget
- Maintain consistent communication with management, colleagues, and vendors to ensure proper operations of the organization
- Manage timely data collection to achieve organizational goals and targets, and deliver excellent customer service
- Willingness to be a team player and offer support on all program-related events, while always being a true ambassador of the organization.
- At least 2 years of work experience in business operations or administrative support role
- Experience working with management and within a team environment to develop and improve internal processes, manage projects and ensure all organization deadlines are met
- Event planning experience is preferred but not required
- Excellent organizational, communication, and writing skills
- Experience working directly with diverse populations
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage sensitive or controversial subjects with tact and kindness
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related writing and presentation software required.
- Experience using a CRM system is highly preferred (HubSpot)
- Strong desire to make Buffalo a better place and bring people together to create opportunity
If you would like to apply for the position, please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional information about this opportunity, please contact Cameron Smith directly at email@example.com