Community Impact Program LeadApply
- Company: TechBuffalo
- Posted: 08/05/2022
- Location: Buffalo, NY
- Category: Professional
- Job Type: Direct Placement
Founded in 2020, TechBuffalo is a nonprofit organization that strives to grow a sustainable, inclusive, and accessible technology community for Western New York by improving our region’s ability to retain, attract and foster technology talent. TechBuffalo aims to be the hub for all things tech talent related in WNY by connecting programs and increasing collaboration across WNY tech talent initiatives. By partnering with community organizations, government entities, educational institutions, and the private sector
businesses, TechBuffalo brings people together to grow the tech industry and better our community.
TechBuffalo is hiring a Community Impact Program Lead to drive strategic initiatives to foster and grow new technology talent in the WNY community. This team member will play a key role in collaborating with key stakeholders and workforce partners on tech training programs, supporting the provisioning of wrap-around services, and other activities as identified. This team member will also be responsible for representing TechBuffalo to a wide range of local stakeholders, from employers to training partners to community organizations. With a positive company culture that fosters collaboration, operates with integrity and believes deeply in its mission, TechBuffalo provides a great work environment to grow your career at a company that is making a meaningful impact in WNY.
- Assist with developing the strategy to build and maintain programs, wrap-around services, and activities that will have a positive impact on the community
- Organize community outreach and impact programs, and coordinate special events that promote TechBuffalo’s services
- Build and maintain relationships with members of the community, key individuals, and other organizations
- Evaluate and respond to website inquiries requesting information or potential partnerships
- Identify community partners to collaborate with to amplify the provisioning of services.
- Identify the needs of individuals in our community and connect them to the appropriate community partner.
- Serve as a key point of contact for neighboring businesses, institutions, and communities.
- Facilitate connections between employers with tech talent demand and training providers.
- Draft and distribute various communications that promote TechBuffalo and the organization’s offerings and happenings
- Attend relevant events and activities to represent the organization and build strong relationships with key community members
- Assist with social media planning and content to enhance the online profile of the organization
- Assist with creating process documents and standard operating procedures. Learn and understand the strategy of TechBuffalo and bring forward ideas and suggestions to further help connect the dots and serve our community
- At least 2 years of work experience in social services, community outreach, workforce training, social impact, or other similar professions.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related writing and presentation software required.
- Experience using a CRM (HubSpot) system is highly preferred.
- Understanding of wraparound service providers and experience working directly with diverse populations
- Ability to work independently with a high level of accountability and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills, diplomatic management of multiple stakeholders, and written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage sensitive or controversial subjects with tact,
kindness, and confidentiality.
- High attention to detail complimented with consistent and reliable follow-through.
- Ideal – prior experience in workforce training and tech, interacting with various stakeholders (companies, trainers, community partners, etc.)
The Ideal Candidate
- Loves to share common goals to help build an organization from the ground up
- Curious mind to learn all facets of the organization and wear many hats
- Energized by an entrepreneurial opportunity, with the freedom to experiment with new frameworks and processes to see what works best
- Enjoys being a collaborative and supportive member of a team and thrives in an environment that emphasizes continuous learning, innovation, and creativity
- Not afraid to speak up and voice new recommendations or opinions and challenge the status quo
- Positive attitude with a can-do spirit
- Adaptable, flexible, and resilient; enjoys working in a fast-paced and evolving environment
- Reliable team member with clear communication
- A shared passion for the WNY community and a strong desire to contribute, collaboratively, to build a better future for this generation and those that follow.
If you would like to apply for the position, please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional information about this opportunity, please contact Cameron Smith directly at email@example.com.