Event and Community ManagerApply
- Company: 43North
- Posted: 11/23/2021
- Location: Buffalo, NY
- Category: Professional
- Job Type: Direct Placement
Are you super organized and love paying attention to the small stuff?
Do you have a passion for planning, organizing and attending events?
Are you a creative, self-motivated team player?
Do you like to network and get to know new people?
If so, you might be 43North’s next Community Manager!
Joining the team at 43North is your chance to be part of something big – It’s happening here. Through our competition, we are bringing entrepreneurs to Buffalo and creating jobs in a city that we love. We are a small team. That means we are lean and mean. You will get the chance to build your experience by having your hands in many different areas of our company. We like to have fun, but our passion drives us to work hard, think creatively, and to be the best. If this sounds like you, then read on…
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Reporting to our President, the Community Manager will lead and execute internal and external-facing events across the year
- Own the production and execution of our annual startup competition, 43North Finals, one of Buffalo’s biggest events
- Plan events from start to finish according to requirements, target audience and objectives, follow-up and measurement of success
- Manage and oversee an events budget
- Use creativity in planning phase to provide suggestions to enhance the event’s success
- Provide real-time feedback to staff members to course correct on the fly
- Source and negotiate with all applicable vendors and suppliers
- Evaluate and secure venues for events to ensure space requirements are met
- Resolve problems and make quick decisions to ensure a successful launch
- Be in charge of selecting and hiring event-specific personnel as necessary
- Coordinate all operations ensuring that events run smoothly
- Work with marketing and promotional team to create promotional plans for events
- Conduct post-event debrief and prepare reports in order to identify how successful the event was and to identify areas for improvement
Here’s what you’ll need:
- A minimum of 4 years of experience planning and executive large-scale events
- Experience planning national or high-profile events preferred
- A Bachelors degree in public relations, marketing, hospitality management or related field
- Knowledge of KPIs, marketing, and promotional techniques for event management
- Outstanding communication and negotiation ability
- Excellent organizational skills and must have extreme attention to detail
- A knack for problem-solving and the ability to adapt quickly to unexpected problems
- Ability to network and develop strong relationships with both internal and external partners
- A team player with leadership skills to drive projects to completion
- Current and evolving knowledge of Buffalo venues and suppliers, both historical and new/upcoming spaces
- Ability to showcase our area and help people fall in love with Buffalo