Content Strategy ManagerApply
- Company: Plum
- Posted: 10/24/2021
- Location: Buffalo, NY
- Category: Creative and Marketing
- Job Type: Direct Placement
At Plum, our purpose is to empower everyone to realize their full potential at work. We are a Waterloo-based SaaS company that provides a talent assessment platform that strips away bias and reveals human potential to revolutionize how global enterprises hire, grow, and retain talent. With unmatched scalability, Plum powers more objective and equitable talent decisions across the employee lifecycle using the predictive power of psychometric data.
As the Content Strategy Manager, you will build Plum’s strategy for making content an engine for growth. Reporting to the VP of Marketing, you are a concise and creative storyteller, able to connect our ideal customer profile (ICP) with our brand, build thought leadership around Plum’s unique value proposition and leverage data to build content strategies across multiple channels.
Plum is currently a 32 person company that is rapidly growing and moving to an office optional work environment. Our ideal candidate can be located in Canada or the USA and will be able to work Eastern Time (ET) hours.
What you’ll do
- Align with the VP of Marketing to develop a multi-channel content strategy that supports annual growth goals and business priorities.
- Manage the ideation, creation, and measurement of Plum’s content strategy (i.e. blogs, website, ebooks, email campaigns, webinars, social, SEO, influencer programs, and media coverage).
- Mentor and coach Plum’s Content Marketing Coordinator.
- Closely collaborate with the product team in the development of product positioning, value propositions, and strategic messaging for products aligned to our ICP.
- Utilize your SEO skills to experiment with different content formats and messaging to optimize for the highest results.
- Prepare blogs, presentations, social content, and thought leadership articles for Plum’s CEO.
- Display strong data analysis skills to come up with original insights and content ideas and report on content marketing performance.
- Align closely with the sales team to create sales enablement tools to help drive lead generation results.
- Work with the VP of Marketing to create effective Go to Market (GTM) plans for product and feature releases that have measurable success metrics.
- Manage relationships with a variety of stakeholders and internal teams to better understand our target market and personas.
- Source and manage agencies when needed.
- Conduct thorough and timely competitive analysis to understand industry trends and key insights.
What you’ll need
- 5+ years’ proven track record in content marketing, marketing communications, public relations, or similar field.
- Experience with creating compelling product positioning and content to be leveraged across a variety of platforms.
- Expert at developing highly effective messaging, customer facing marketing content.
- Ability to build strong working relationships across all levels of the organization.
- Experience in managing complicated and time sensitive projects.
- Experience with SEO, SEO monitoring platforms (Semrush), and CRM (HubSpot).
- Experience in targeting enterprise organizations.
- HR Technology or Human Resources Industry experience.
- SAAS Experience
Who you are
- Strong written and verbal communications and problem-solving skills with an impeccable eye for detail
- You are able to learn quickly based on edits, feedback, and direction
- You are data-driven and leverage metrics to measure program outcomes
- You are a team player with a willingness to roll up your sleeves to get things done
- You have the ability to receive feedback constructively
Who we are
At Plum, we believe in supporting our employees first so that they can support our organization’s growth, trust, alignment and resilience through the following initiatives:
- Flexible work schedule
- Unwavering support from our leadership team
- Fun quarterly company events and activities
- Coaching and mentoring opportunities
- Health benefits with a focus on mental health & wellness
- A great collaborative atmosphere
We want to know more about who you are and how you’ll fit with our team, as such we ask that you create a Plum Profile (follow the Apply link below). By taking our Discovery Survey you’ll get a chance to check out our product firsthand and receive a personalized Plum Profile that highlights your strengths and gives you tips to make sure your next role is the right fit.
At Plum, we are committed to building inclusive organizations – and that starts with our own team. We believe that diversity of thought and background breeds unbridled innovation. Therefore, we don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.