Director Engineering – Cloud DataApply
- Company: Centivo
- Posted: 04/20/2022
- Location: Remote
- Category: Data and Analytics
- Job Type: Direct Placement
We exist for American workers and their employers — who are the backbone of our economy. That is where Centivo comes in — our mission is to bring affordable, high-quality healthcare to the millions of Americans who struggle to pay their healthcare bills.
Centivo is looking for a Director Engineering – Cloud Data to join our team!
The Director Engineering – Cloud Data will be responsible for the design, architecture and development of the overall Data and Infrastructure as a Service (DaaS/IaaS) platforms. Will oversee a team, chartered with building the next generation Application Management, Delivery and Validation Platform; making it easy for developers & infrastructure teams to provision environments (DEV, TEST & PROD), deploy services, monitor, and auto scale applications with the highest level of reliability, availability, scale, and security.
- Provide leadership and oversight to a team of software engineers building solutions and capabilities at scale and high engineering and quality standards.
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to understand business problems and then design and develop required solutions.
- Partner with architects to ensure developed solutions adhere to established best patterns and our architectural target state.
- Provide technical thought leadership towards solving problems for the team.
- Drive the adoption of key engineering best practices to improve quality and reliability of team’s deliverables.
- Responsible for keeping the team engaged, motivated and operating with a high execution velocity.
- Responsible for coaching and mentoring of direct reports.
- Develop and nurture a team of developers by motivating and mentoring; assist in hiring critical talent.
- Design, develop and evolve highly scalable and fault-tolerant distributed services.
- Guiding developers in day-to-day design and coding tasks, stepping into code if needed.
- Design and implement APIs, abstractions, and integration patterns to solve challenging distributed computing problems.
- Understand and own component security analysis, including code and data flow review. Collaborate with the security team to implement and verify secure coding techniques.
- Ensure proper metrics instrumentation in software components, to help facilitate real time and remote troubleshooting/performance monitoring.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Extensive experience with comprehensive data acquisition, integration, quality and governance concepts, procedures, and tools.
- Extensive experience with modern cloud data & analytics infrastructure and building software/frameworks for infrastructure automation and orchestration, ensuring high-availability, scaling, service discovery, logging, monitoring, and alerting.
- Strong understanding of architecture patterns and operational characteristics of universally available and scalable applications.
- Excellent knowledge of core engineering best practices and passion to implement these across teams.
- Strong leadership qualities and organizational skills as well as the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with a demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical and business issues and solutions to multiple organizational levels internally and externally.
Education and Experience:
- 10+ years of work experience with a bachelor’s degree, or at least 8+ years of work experience with an advanced degree (e.g. Masters) in Computer Science/Engineering
- 5+ years of people management experience in agile software development.
- Dynamic leader who has directly managed a team of highly competent developers in a fast-paced work environment.
- Strong software product development background with a passion for building cloud-based applications with elevated levels of reliability, availability, and security.
- Very good understanding of Enterprise Application Lifecycle Management needs.
- Experience with cloud platforms (e.g. AWS, Azure or Google Cloud) and building automation around their APIs.
- Experience and understanding of Infrastructure as Code, Automation, and Orchestration
- Working knowledge of at least one configuration management tool, such as Ansible, Chef, and/or Terraform.
- Experience with service orchestration frameworks such as Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, Nomad etc.
- Extensive experience working with relational databases as well as NoSQL technologies like MySQL, DynamoDB, MongoDB, PostgreSQL and Redis.
- Experience with healthcare data integration concepts (ETL/ESB), formats (EDI/HL7), and tools such as MuleSoft, Jitterbit or ArcESB.
- Experience with modern data governance concepts and warehousing platforms, preferably AWS Lake Formation, Athena & Glue.
- Experience with monitoring and logging solutions such as CloudWatch, Splunk, and/or ELK stack.
This position is remote
Who we are:
Centivo is a new type of health plan for self-funded employers that is built to save 15 percent or more compared to traditional insurance carriers and is easy to use for employers and employees.
Centivo’s mission is to bring lower cost, higher quality healthcare to the millions of working Americans who struggle to pay their healthcare bills. With Centivo, employers can offer their employees affordable and predictable costs, a high-tech member experience, exceptional service, and a range of benefit options including both traditional and proprietary networks. Centivo develops high-value networks in partnership with leading local healthcare providers and uses data analytics to refine the network and navigate members to the right providers. Members get a partner for all their healthcare needs through a primary care-centered model, as well as expanded access and fully integrated virtual care.
With offices in New York City, Buffalo, NY and Denver, CO, Centivo is backed by leading investors including Bain Capital Ventures, Maverick Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, Ingleside Investors, Rand Capital, Company Ventures, and Oxeon Investments. Learn more at Centivo.com.