- Company: PostProcess
- Posted: 01/12/2023
- Location: Buffalo, NY
- Category: Design Engineering
- Experience Level: 3-5 Years
Why Join the PostProcess Team
If you’re looking to join the hottest tech company in the fast growing 3D printing market, this is the role for you. As an ELECTRICAL ENGINEER, you will be responsible for electrical designs for PostProcess products, including design and selections of safety and overload circuit protection, pumps/motors, relays, switches, VFDs, I/O cards, pressure/pH/temperature/accelerometer selection, industrial computers/PLC controls. Working together with other electrical, mechanical, chemical and software engineers you will continually improve PostProcess’ existing offerings while developing new products that help maintain our market leader position as the provider of Post Printing solutions in the Additive Manufacturing Industry.
The successful candidate will have the ability to think strategically about our business and our customers’ success, while working in collaboration across all departments and all teams to deliver exceptional customer satisfaction to our growing list of global customers. Customer focus and hands-on execution are hallmarks of a successful PostProcess teammate
Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Design electrical systems for industrial machinery while ensuring designs meet the relevant UL, CSA, and IEC requirements.
- Keep current with changing global safety regulations and standards and communicate proposed & impending changes to ensure business continuity and compliance is maintained.
- Collaborate with Document Control to manage product safety documentation.
- Implement performance metrics to identify areas of improvement or areas that could lead to non-compliance. ● Participate in Risk Assessment activities such as Hazard Analysis and FMEA’s.
- Coordinate product testing including Software, Hardware, and product safety & associated marking (UL, CSA, CE, etc)
- Responsible for the identification, design & selection of new and alternate Electrical/Electromechanical components to enable meeting overall product design goals.
- Evaluate and analyze 3rd party laboratories test reports, then provide and implement design solutions resulting in product compliance.
- Collaborate in a team environment and assist in development and improvement of test methodologies, reporting, and coordination of various tasks.
- Coordinate and manage multiple projects in parallel with tight deadlines.
- Team closely with direct manager to develop OKRs that are laser-aligned with our company OKRs.
- Meet monthly OPEX targets.
Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years engineering experience in related industry.
- Ability to interpret, design, and redline electrical schematics and panel layouts.
- Strong technical and project management skills.
- Must be able to write technical documents clearly and concisely.
- Ability to manage daily workflow as required to meet project requirements.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative team player approach.
- Ability to build trust and confidence with peers and other stakeholders.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, sometimes chaotic environment including a high tolerance for ambiguity.
- Extremely well organized with excellent prioritization and time management skills.
- Effective communicator that is always direct and transparent with the courage and ability to take a strong position when required for the good of the company. Also able to communicate clearly, concisely and professionally.
- A penchant for experimentation with the ability to make decisions with limited data and be willing to fail fast. A continuous improvement / growth mindset and approach are essential.
- Strong computer skills, especially in Google Drive, Gmail, Google Apps and Microsoft Office.
- Interest in cutting edge technology a plus.
Education and Experience
- BS in Electrical Engineering; MS degree is a plus
- 3-5 years of Electrical Design experience designing industrial machines complying with the requirements of CE/UL/CSA including EN 60204-1, ISO 13849, UL508A, NFPA79 and NEC 430
- Demonstrated experience in designing/updating industrial control panels
- Experience with designing single-phase and 3-phase systems
- Experience with sizing/selecting circuit protection, motors, VFDs, servo motors and drives, industrial sensors, solenoid valves
- Experience with detailed drafting of schematics in AutoCAD or SolidWorks Electrical is a plus
- Experience with calculating Short-Circuit Current Ratings (SCCRs) of industrial machinery, power budgets is a plus
- Experience with robotics, vision systems is a plus
- Experience with Beckhoff control system hardware is a plus
- Work experiences with standards including UL, IEC, CSA, etc.
- Experience in an early stage, high-growth company is beneficial
- Experience in effectively utilizing Objectives & Key Results (OKR) process
- Knowledge of Additive Manufacturing helpful
- Strong Work Ethic
- Optimistic Problem Solver
- Team Player – willing to roll-up the sleeves and be a utility infielder as required
- Accountable & Dependable – consistently “Does What They Say They’re Going To Do”
- Resourceful – consistently gets the important things done with limited direction
- Environmentally conscious
- Strong Attention to Detail
- Trustworthy & Honest
- High Sense of Urgency
- Well Organized
- Quick Learner
- Seeks Team and Company Success Over Self-Promotion