- Company: 19 Ideas
- Posted: 11/11/2021
- Location: Buffalo, NY
- Category: Software Development and Test
- Job Type: Direct Placement
Regular full-time. This position and the tenets and specific benefits presented within it are based on full-time, exempt status.
This position is part of the Digital Experience department and reports to the Digital Director.
The Front-End Developer will lend critical support to both the Software and Digital Experience departments for software, mobile app and website development.
- Perform front-end development pixel perfect to our designers’ specs and troubleshoot wherever needed.
- Participate in code reviews.
- Integrate third party software with existing web systems, as needed.
- Test, debug and assist with the implementation of quality control processes, as well as interface with and support both 19 Ideas clients and development team.
- Interface with third party vendors on behalf of 19 Ideas and its clients, where needed.
- Offer new ideas and concepts to the 19 Ideas team and participate in creative ideation sessions as needed.
- Assist in planning, developing and implementing appropriate and forward-thinking traditional and digital marketing strategies and solutions for 19 Ideas and its clients.
- Collaborate with team members to ensure that the proposed website and mobile app concepts are executed within client-specified timeframes and budgets.
- Meet deadlines and hours caps.
- Actively participate in daily standups and other company meetings.
- Contribute to weekly work-flow updates, both internally and client-facing, as well as attend a weekly internal Status meeting prepared to discuss project progress.
- Foster and maintain a working relationship with 19 Ideas team members as well as clients through both direct and indirect contact.
- Liaise, communicate and manage effectively between employees and company leadership, including staying on top of emails and other internal communication and project management channels.
- Utilize and update project management tools and software on a daily basis.
- At least three (3) years’ experience developing and leading web and mobile app projects.
- Expertise with WordPress is a must; additional considerations will be given to candidates with experience and knowledge with Magento, Drupal, or other Content Management Systems.
- Experience with designing and implementing modern front-end development workflows (Node.js, npm, Gulp/Yarn, Webpack, Composer).
- Experience with Sketch and Adobe Creative Cloud applications.
- Meticulous with a strong attention to detail.
- Able to meet deadlines and produce high quality work in a fast-paced, collaborative, team environment.
- Reliable and takes pride in their work.
- Enthusiastic about innovation and creating new products.
- Flexible, stable under pressure, reacts well to change and stays positive.
- Self-motivated and works well independently.
- A great problem solver.
- Proficient with project management and hours-tracking systems.
- Someone that cares about what they do, strives for excellence, works hard, and enjoys the rewards of their labor.
- Experience with design concepts is a plus.
- Demonstrate effective management of simultaneous projects that vary in size and scope in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment while meeting deadlines and staying on budget. Proof of workflow efficiency and process is requested.
- Demonstrate effective writing skills, especially suited to communication via Ticketing Systems.
- Be able to work in and positively contribute to a collaborative environment.
- Be enthusiastic about innovation and creating new products.
- A healthy sense of humor preferred.