- Company: E Source
- Posted: 09/07/2022
- Location: Buffalo, New York, Remote
- Category: Engineering
- Job Type: Full Time
- Experience Level: 4+ Years
Interested in collaborating with a team of like-minded software engineers, data scientists, and utility experts to drive software innovation in the utility sector? You’ll be part of a team that values continuous improvement and continuous learning, and you’ll contribute to the software design, software architecture, and overall product life cycle for AI-driven products. Come join a fast-growing team on a literal mission to save the world.
At E Source, we are creating a more sustainable future in partnership with utilities. We’re a solutions-based data science software, research, and consulting firm that has been a change agent in the utility sector for over 30 years. We’re obsessed with making data useful in helping our clients evolve into customer-centric organizations that make data-driven decisions. And we have fun while we do it! Join us and have your design and applications make a difference.
The front-end engineer position is focused on a modern technology stack using the latest software development frameworks, data-intensive distributed microservices, relational and nonrelational database management systems, and containerized cloud infrastructure within a well-established continuous-delivery and Agile development process. If you enjoy continuous learning, working with innovative technologies, and want to help us with our mission and commitment to a sustainable future, apply today!
What you’ll do
- Translate designed prototype specifications into reusable/extensible components shared across teams
- Develop web solutions; this includes envisioning, designing, implementing, and supporting our product suite and ensuring that solutions are performant, accessible, and responsive, and bring continuous value to our users
- Collaborate with internal and client stakeholders to translate business problems into technical solutions
- Participate in continuous learning activities to understand latest front-end trends and share knowledge across the team and organization
What will make you a good fit
- At least two years of professional web development experience focusing on front-end development
- Experience with modern front-end frameworks like Svelte, Ember, View, or ReactJS
- Proven track record of efficiently designing, developing, and releasing software products both independently and collaboratively over more than two years
- Experience with responsive and adaptive design
- Some knowledge of architecting software solutions within the AWS (Amazon Web Services) Cloud platform
- Experience working with GIT and GITOPS, and building CI/CD pipelines with Jenkins or AWS code pipelines
- Product-oriented mindset
- Creative mind, keen ability, and the initiative to think beyond
- Ability to effectively communicate with technical teams and business stakeholders
- BS or MS in software engineering, computer science, or a related field of study
- Experience working with Figma to construct user interface mockups that describe general look and feel and user flows
- Hands-on experience with containerization, Docker, and delivering web applications in a containerized environment
- Familiarity with Kubernetes and container orchestration
- Experience working with mapping plugins and frameworks to deliver robust geospatial visualizations
A little about E Source
Since 1986, E Source has focused on partnering with utilities to help their customers save electricity. That novel approach defined the art of electric end-use efficiency—better known as energy efficiency. We’ve expanded that concept to include a broader perspective of sustainability for utilities that deliver electricity, natural gas, and water.
We work to enhance relationships with the people utilities serve, achieve the next generation of savings, and lead the carbon-reduction effort. We help utilities think differently, make data useful, and learn from the best strategies across the industry. Our people, our insights, and our network help our clients and give them the assurance that the programs they implement are the most effective.
- We offer excellent insurance packages, including medical, dental, and vision plans; company-paid life insurance; company-paid long- and short-term disability insurance; and medical and dependent-care flexible spending plans.
- We provide a flexible time off (FTO) program; E Source employees can take as many paid days off per year as they need, with manager approval, while fulfilling their work obligations and ensuring proper coverage of their responsibilities.
- We offer flexible schedules, flexible work locations, and a paid parental leave benefit.
- We provide a 401(k) plan with a 3% employer match.
The budgeted salary for this position is $75,600 to $110,250 (includes salary + annual bonus). Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
This person can work remote, a hybrid schedule, or from one of our physical office locations.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.