IT Operations EngineerApply
- Company: Torch
- Posted: 07/13/2021
- Location: Buffalo, NY
- Category: Information Technology
- Job Type: Direct Placement
Backed by top-tier investors, Torch is a fast-growing, mission-driven SaaS startup made up of psychologically oriented people who are passionate about helping leaders achieve their potential. Torch’s platform provides coaches, clients, and customers with actionable insights into client and organizational strengths and challenges.
At Torch, we believe leadership matters. The world needs conscious leaders who drive invention, inspiration, and innovation to solve our time’s most significant opportunities and challenges. Torch exists to create and support these leaders.
Torch is a hybrid remote and distributed team with offices in San Francisco, Buffalo, and New York. Join us as we not only work to empower conscious leaders for our customers but within our internal team as well!
Torch is seeking an IT Operations Engineer to join our growing IT Operations team. The IT Operations Engineer is an exciting role supporting day-to-day systems reliability and security and supporting projects at a fast-paced, high-growth startup.
You will help maintain and scale our corporate IT operations while helping to support and manage our primarily SaaS-based systems and corporate hardware for multiple offices and remote employees.
You are someone who has a passion for personal development and growth while being a service-minded professional. You are energetic and able to innovate and adapt to a growing and changing environment. You are empathetic and personable, able to collaborate with teams across all areas of the organization.
This role will be reporting to the Manager of Technical Support.
- You will assist with administering a range of SaaS systems, managing user provisioning, configuration, and security compliance.
- You will triage and resolve technical issues with corporate infrastructure and hardware for teams and employees remotely.
- You will utilize our ticketing system and other communication tools such as Slack and Zoom.
- You will innovate ways to automate and streamline IT delivery as we scale to improve reliability, efficiency, and spend.
- You will assist with corporate MDM and procurement.
- You will collaborate with teams on projects providing technical solutions and support.
- You will create and deliver resources for employees, including documentation, training, and automated resources to support processes and policies.
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills with a proven ability to communicate technical concepts effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- You have professional working experience administering and supporting enterprise SaaS application infrastructure.
- You have experience working in a remote environment troubleshooting and resolving issues for a distributed team.
- You have experience managing both Mac and Windows PC deployments with MDM tools such as Kandji and Microsoft Intune.
- You have experience with ticketing systems and support tools such as Atlassian Jira and Intercom.
- You have experience configuring integrations across systems utilizing available API tools and webhooks.
- You are comfortable working with command-line tools and scripts.
- You have a strong knowledge of Google Workspace administration and automation.
- Fully covered medical, dental, and vision
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible vacation and remote work policies
- Generous professional development stipend
- Commuter stipend for public transportation
Torch provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.