Machine Learning Engineer IIIApply
- Company: ACV Auctions
- Posted: 09/07/2022
- Location: Buffalo, NY
- Category: Software Engineering
- Job Type: Full Time
- Experience Level: 0-3 Years
ACV’s Machine Learning Team is looking for a talented, experienced Machine Learning Engineer, to join our pricing domain. You will be leading the research and development of models that power the prediction of vehicle sale prices on the ACV marketplace.
Successful candidates will demonstrate excellent skill and maturity, be self-motivated as well as team-oriented, and have the ability to support the development and implementation of end-to-end ML-enabled software solutions to meet the needs of internal stakeholders. Those who will excel in this role will be those who listen with an ear to the overarching goal, not just the immediate concern that started the query. They will be able to show their recommendations are contextually grounded in an understanding of the practical problem, the data, and theory as well as what product and software solutions are feasible and desirable.
The core responsibilities of this role are:
- Working with the fellow machine learning engineers to explore and refine the existing models via creative feature engineering and model tuning.
- Developing ML models to detect prediction outliers, from proof of concept to Production.
- Mining structured & unstructured data, and performing EDAs.
- Documenting the work process, including experiments, parameter tuning etc.
- Monitoring performance of models in Production.
- Graduate education in a computationally intensive domain.
- 0-3 years of prior relevant work or lab experience in ML/DL projects/research.
- Strong sense and skills in mathematics, statistics and algorithms. Experience with regression analysis and classification analysis is essential.
- Experience with EDA, including data pipeline building and data visualization.
- Advanced proficiency with Python, SQL etc.
- Extensive knowledge of ML frameworks and libraries. Experience on tree-based algorithms (XGBoost, CatBoost, LightGBM etc.), and Generalized linear models (GLM) are highly valued.
- Experience with anomaly detection, and model interpretation.
- Experience with cloud services (AWS / GCP) and kubernetes, docker, CI/CD in python.
What we will offer:
- Comprehensive benefits offerings for benefits eligible Teammates.
- Unique culture that truly values each and every Teammate.
- Career development and Future Growth Opportunities.
- Learning & Development Opportunities!
- We love to see our engineers grow and learn and have invested heavily in our internal Learning and Development program, which provides access to PluralSight, Frontend Masters, as well as in-person conferences.
- Annual Hackathons with some amazing prizes!
- Career development and future growth opportunities