- Company: ACV Auctions
- Posted: 08/03/2022
- Location: Buffalo, NY
- Category: Finance and Accounting
- Job Type: Direct Placement
The Manager, Corporate Accounting is a key position in our Accounting and Finance team and reports to the Director, Corporate Accounting. This position oversees a group of team members and must handle multiple assignments in a rapidly changing, fast-paced, and high-growth environment.
What you will do:
- Oversee and execute significant components of the monthly financial closing process
- Lead a team in achieving accurate and timely financial reporting
- Identify and implement process improvements that will contribute to the overall performance of the accounting and finance function
- Work collaboratively with leaders of functions across the organization on strategic initiatives to help achieve high-level Corporate objectives
- Work with leaders of other Accounting functions to integrate newly acquired businesses into existing ACV processes and identify opportunities for efficiencies.
- Serve as finance business partner to the Human Resources team including the support of payroll, StartUpNY Program, and other processes
- Interact with the Company’s independent accounting firm in connection with the annual audit of financial statements in accordance with GAAP
What you should have:
- BA/BS degree in Accounting required
- CPA preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of accounting experience is required including at least 2 years of supervisory experience
- Proficient knowledge of U.S. GAAP required
- Experience and proficiency in Microsoft Office products and financial ERP systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in navigating ERP systems (Financial Systems).
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to develop solutions to challenges
- Takes initiative to identify issues then research and recommend solutions
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy while maintaining the ability to prioritize and facilitate cross-functional projects in a fast-paced environment
What we will offer:
- Comprehensive benefits offerings for benefits-eligible Teammates.
- Unique culture that truly values each and every Teammate.
- Career development and future growth opportunities.