- Company: CleanFiber
- Posted: 11/23/2022
- Location: Hamburg, NY
- Category: Manufacturing
- Job Type: Full Time
- Experience Level: 2+ Years
Full Job Description
THIS IS AN OVERNIGHT 12 HOUR POSITION.
I shift schedule is 7p-730a Sunday, Monday and Tuesday (36 hours) and an additional 4th day every other Wednesday(48 hours)
Location: Buffalo, NY area
Role & Compensation
You will be join an enthusiastic production team responsible for manufacturing high-quality cellulose in the company’s first production facility. On joining the firm, you will be trained on the job and accountable for:
- Learning and following OSHA and company mandated safety requirements
- Learning and performing all job functions throughout the plant including: how to receive and prep raw materials, operate equipment, monitor production, test finished product, store finished products, and load finished products for shipment
- Learning and performing maintenance of equipment and facilities. A mechanical inclination and experience using hand tools is useful.
- Managing different stages of the production line by being actively involved, following the Safe Work Procedures (SWP), and recording data as needed.
- Actively contributing to solve problems, to streamline our work practices, and to continually improve the quality of our product and processes.
CleanFiber’s compensation is above typical pay for this role and will be commensurate with experience.
The right candidate will bring experience in these areas:
- Plant Startup: Ability to follow standard procedures and record data that are evolving in a startup environment. Must understand and execute the established operating procedures for equipment, starting and stopping activities during each designated shift.
- Work Environment: Take pride in the work area and ensure cleanliness and organization by following the 5S housekeeping principles. Individuals need to ensure that all PPE and Safety Equipment are available prior to each shift and used properly within the company standards.
- Teamwork: Working as part of a team to maximize safety, productivity, and efficiency. This includes identifying any risks or unsafe practices that are seen and ensuring they are corrected for everyone’s safety and wellbeing.
- Physical Exertion: Must be able to lift 55lb bags safely and correctly and stand for the majority of their shift (8-10 hours) depending on weekly schedule
- Educational Requirements: High School Diploma with 2-4 years manufacturing experience. Fluency in English.
- Experience in insulation, pulp & paper and/or building products industries
- CleanTech and/or other venture experience
We are seeking an individual who is naturally committed to the following:
- Being safety oriented for both themselves and team members.
- Adopting the values of CleanFiber and promoting its culture.
- Approaching their job with a positive attitude and helpful stance.
- Understanding that we can only be successful if our customers are successful and that takes a team.
- Always giving dignity and respect to their fellow employees throughout the workday including arriving to work each day, on time ready to work.
- Confirms everything with good listening and communication skills and asks questions if directions are not clear.
- Motivated to look for ways to add value when production is stopped, always looking to do more, and is curious to learn every aspect of the job.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment due to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
CleanFiber makes high performance cellulose building insulation from recycled corrugated cardboard boxes, using a unique and patented process. CleanFiber’s proven technology and accelerating business is poised to disrupt a fast-growing segment of the building insulation market, while rapidly building a highly-profitable business.
Cellulose insulation wins customers from fiberglass because of greater energy efficiency, and from foam because of its much lower price point. CleanFiber makes highly efficient cellulose insulation from recycled corrugated boxes, allowing us to challenge incumbent players who are reliant on diminishing supplies of recycled newsprint. With successful execution at our first facility, we believe we are well-positioned to rapidly seize market share on a national scale. We are a game changer!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 – $22.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 12 hour shift
- Night shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Blasdell, NY 14219: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Manufacturing: 2 years (Preferred)
- Manufacturing & Utilities Occupations: 3 years (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
- Overnight Shift (Required)
Work Location: One location