Mechanical Development EngineerApply
- Company: PostProcess
- Posted: 10/22/2021
- Location: Buffalo, NY
- Category: Engineering
- Job Type: Direct Placement
Become Part of the Revolution
If you’re looking to join the hottest tech company in the fast-growing 3D printing / Additive Manufacturing (AM) market, this is the role for you. PostProcess offers the only intelligent and automated post-printing solution for 3D printed parts. As a Development Engineer you will be responsible for the design, development, cost reduction and testing of our post-printing solutions for the Additive Manufacturing market. You will be called upon to design and implement engineering solutions in support of New Product Development as well as Continuous Improvement of existing products.
PostProcess solutions apply all aspects of Mechanical Engineering and Design concepts including Fluid Flow, Statics, Dynamics, Thermodynamics, Controls Engineering and Material Science. This is a unique opportunity to perform a wide variety of engineering work in a fast-paced, hands-on environment. Mechanical Engineers that have strong technical acumen, understanding of successful customer-driven functionality and proven cross-functional leadership along with a desire to expand their knowledge beyond their core discipline will thrive in our environment.
- Open PTO Policy: Take as many vacation, sick & mental-health days as you need, as long as you are meeting your performance goals.
- Benefits: Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance: a portion paid by the company. Employee Assistance Program and 401K. 10 holiday days off.
- Come As You Are: No need to worry about a stuffy dress code. We’re all about being comfortable in whatever makes you most productive.
- Equity: The potential net worth increase that the team members who join the company at this relatively early stage is unmatched in Buffalo. No promises here of course, but with the right team members executing our strategy, our future looks bright.
- Bonus potential based on company financial performance up to 20%
- Design and develop automated post-printing solutions for the Additive Manufacturing market.
- Conceptualize, design, build and test prototype assemblies, subassemblies and machines.
- Identify and implement on-going improvements relating to Design for Manufacturability and value engineering, working in concert with our contract manufacturing partners.
- Team with Product Management to understand market feedback from our customer-facing team members and apply these learnings to continuously improve our offerings and ensure “exceptional” customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Create or guide creation of final Product Specification as well as Factory Acceptance Test Requirements, Performance Specifications and all operating requirements. Work in close conjunction with the Operations Team and our assembly partners to ensure a high-quality product is delivered on-time, on-spec, and on-budget.
- Team with Application Engineering, Sales Engineering and Field Engineering to troubleshoot customer related issues, and implement Continuous Improvement Efforts as needed to maintain our competitive leadership in the market.
- Validate designs against design inputs to ensure design goals are achieved to ultimately ensure Exceptional Customer Satisfaction.
- Provide mentorship and technical guidance to other members of the engineering team.
- Communicate clearly, candidly and constantly with engineering teammates, colleagues in other departments and with strategic suppliers.
- Team closely with your leader to develop and meet Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) that are laser aligned with the company’s OKRs.
- Help implement the necessary technical processes to build a foundation that will scale the company to revenue in excess of $100 million over the next five years.
- Incorporate a sustainability mindset into all objectives.
Skills and Qualifications
- 10+ years experience designing and engineering complex industrial equipment and systems.
- Design for Manufacturability and value engineering practices.
Machine design, dimensioning, tolerancing, sheet metal, machining, welding and fabrication.
- Familiarity with piping systems and pump sizing.
- Project management; preferably including use of MS Project or similar.
- Collaboration with contract manufacturing partners.
- Beneficial additional experience includes:
- Knowledge of Additive Manufacturing.
- Experience in an ISO certified organization.
- Prior experience in an early-stage, high-growth company.
- B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering required; M.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering a plus.
- Possesses a strong interest in cutting edge technology and has the ability to identify, evaluate and deploy new technologies to meet evolving customer requirements and ensure we maintain market leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects, driving actions to achieve success.
- Demonstrated technical savvy and prowess in product innovation and design having applied engineering fundamentals from concept through product design to product realization with full stack solutions.
- Strong SolidWorks skills for the design, modeling and simulation of complex systems.
- Exceptional analytical and computational skills.
- Ability to read and review electrical schematics.
- System process knowledge.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a collaborative team player approach.
- Extremely well organized and excellent time management and prioritization skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and professionally; strong written and verbal skills are essential.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, sometimes stressful environment including a high tolerance for ambiguity.
- Ability to make decisions with limited data and be willing to fail fast.
- Technical writing skills.
- Familiar with the fundamentals of and the ability to comply with the requirements of Standard Design Control practices.
Who Thrives at PostProcess
- Strong Work Ethic
- Optimistic Problem Solver
- Team Player – willing to roll-up the sleeves and be a utility infielder as required
- Accountable & Dependable – consistently “Does What They Say They’re Going To Do”
- Resourceful – consistently gets the important things done with limited direction
- Strong Attention to Detail
- Trustworthy & Honest
- High Sense of Urgency
- Well Organized
- Quick Learner
- Seeks Team and Company Success Over Self-Promotion