- Company: Circuit Clinical
- Posted: 09/16/2021
- Location: Buffalo, NY
- Category: Customer Support
Who we are:
Circuit Clinical is on mission to transform the way people find, choose, and
participate in clinical research by building one of the largest integrated research
organizations in the U.S and by creating our award-winning technology TrialJourney,
the first ever patient rating and review platform for clinical trials. Our technology is
not the only award winner! As a winner of the 2021 Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces
for 2021 and 2020 Best Places to Work contest by the Buffalo Business First periodical,
we work hard to make sure our culture is focused on transparency, accountability,
performance, and continuous learning – because just as we are obsessed with the
patient experience in clinical trials, we are equally obsessed with the employee
experience. We are looking to expand our growing team!
What we offer:
We are proud to offer competitive benefits, salary, and an environment focused on
helping you grow personally and professionally.
What you’ll do:
As the Patient Advocate, you will be responsible for identifying and
pre-screening potentially eligible patients to enroll into a research opportunity. You
will work directly with the lead Research Coordinator to maximize efforts to locate
potentially eligible participants by utilizing methods such as phone screening, social
media advertising, community engagement and third party referral systems. You will
act as a guide and advocate to support the patient throughout their entire clinical
You’ll be responsible to:
- Identify and pre-screen potential participants for clinical trials utilizing knowledge of study protocol.
- Conduct recruitment outreach to potential study participants.
- Coordinate with research staff in the scheduling of screening visits and document in Clinical Trial Management (CTMS) including possibly booking travel for the study participant.
- Collaborate with research staff to achieve recruitment goals and objectives for each study.
- Remain up to date with study timeline and changes in protocol
- Continually connect with the patient to understand potential roadblocks or barriers to their engagement in clinical research, first listening to the problem, then working to find a solution.
Who you are:
- You are known for being an advocate and great listener.
- You have a way of putting potential study participants at ease, answering
- their questions with confidence and poise.
- You love to connect and relate to people.
- You have a patient first mentality.
- You let things roll off your back. You don’t get offended if a potential study
- participant hangs up on you! You keep on trying.
- Your attention to detail is on point.
- You are organized, organized, organized.
- Your phone etiquette is top notch.
- You are well spoken in Spanish and English, both verbally and written.
- You value what we value: Thoughtful transparency, Expansive Inclusion,
- Fearless Accountability, Relentless Performance, Talent Obsession, and
- Continuous Learning.
- High school diploma required, Associates Degree preferred
- 1 year of work experience
- Computer literacy including Microsoft office (Word, Excel), Google suite, and CTMS software
Who you’ll report to:
Reporting to the Patient Advocate Manager, you will work closely with all members of the Clinical Operations Team.
The other fine print:
- Location: This position is located at our main campus proudly headquartered in Buffalo, NY with the potential for occasional remote work.
- Travel: May require occasional travel to other research sites as required.
- Exemption status: Full time, non-exempt. (Overtime eligible)
- Physical requirements: the following physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Regularly required to sit; use hands; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision
- Other duties: the duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and that additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time; or. the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands