- Company: Tapecon
- Posted: 11/02/2022
- Location: Buffalo, NY
- Category: Production Management
- Job Type: Full Time
- Experience Level: 2+ Years
Responsible for overall productivity, quality, and delivery metrics in the manufacturing area. Responsible for implementing and enforcing all policies, practices, and procedures relating to manufacturing staff. Directly responsible for training, organizing, and assigning job responsibilities of activity in the manufacturing area.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support Tapecon manufacturing policies, quality plan and ISO procedures.
- Approve and edit time and attendance requests and records for direct reports.
- Participate in the selection of employees, as well as their training and development.
- Work with appropriate resources (Quality/HR) to implement and develop training programs and materials using competency-based assessment
- Document training topics and participants and submit to Quality department for recordkeeping.
- Evaluate employee performance and use progressive discipline as needed within approved guidelines.
- Perform production employee reviews and make recommendations for any adjustment in wage.
- Identify and make recommendations for any employee cross training, transfer, or advancement opportunities.
Process & Equipment
- Ensure proper operation of all manufacturing equipment, requesting maintenance when necessary.
- Coordinates and distributes direct labor resources to accommodate production schedules
- Responsible for improving and maintaining an efficient production process
- Responsible for on-time delivery of customer jobs as well as R&D/sample requests
- Responsible for product quality.
- Participates in and directs corrective and preventive action responses.
- Maintains inventory accuracy through accurate labor data collection and material allocation
- Helps facilitate / Execute Operational and Process Qualifications
- In the event of a problem, make necessary recommendations to improve the manufacturing process.
- Review metrics and cell performance with respect to established goals and objectives of supervised processes.
- Participates with process improvement teams in identifying root cause analysis of customer complaints and directs action implementation.
Directly oversees designated production areas. (See organizational chart for detailed information)
- Preferred associate degree in Business Management or equivalent supervisory experience of 2+ years.
- High school diploma or GED required
- 3 to 5 years of related production experience
- Works well in a team environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Works well under pressure
- Excellent communication skills; both oral and written
- Experience with a visual workplace, 5S and safety
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to read basic blueprints
- Self-motivated and willing to learn
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent leadership skills
- Strong skills in work planning, scheduling, and must have good judgment of color, design and printing quality.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations of printed jobs
- Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Must be a “U.S. Person”, defined in 22 CFR 120.15 as “A person who is a lawful permanent resident as defined by 8 U.S.C 1101(a)(20) or who is a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).”
- This includes U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents, refugees and those given asylum in the United States, and temporary residents granted amnesty.
- Occasionally lifts and/or moves up to 50 pounds
- Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, bend, and/or stoop for extended periods of time
- Regularly required to move about the department and/or facility
- 20/20 or corrected vision
- Color vision to distinguish color variations
- Close & distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception with the ability to adjust focus
- Noise level in the manufacturing area varies from medium to loud
- Noise level in office area varies from quiet to medium
- Typical office and manufacturing environments
- Subject to temperature extremes
- Regularly exposed to manufacturing area elements such as noise, dust, odors, fumes, etc.
- Required wear of company issued uniform