- Company: Torch
- Posted: 07/13/2021
- Location: Buffalo, NY
- Category: Engineering
- Job Type: Direct Placement
Backed by top-tier investors, Torch is a fast-growing, mission-driven SaaS startup made up of psychologically oriented people who are passionate about helping leaders achieve their potential. Torch’s platform provides coaches, clients, and customers with actionable insights into client and organizational strengths and challenges.
At Torch, we believe leadership matters. The world needs conscious leaders who drive invention, inspiration, and innovation to solve our time’s most significant opportunities and challenges. Torch exists to create and support these leaders.
Torch is a hybrid remote and distributed team with offices in San Francisco, Buffalo, and New York. Join us as we not only work to empower conscious leaders for our customers but within our internal team as well!
We are looking for a talented, communicative, and curious Quality Engineer to join our amazing QA team at Torch.
This team specializes in functional, system, automation, load, and performance testing at scale for performant mobile and web applications and backend services. We are looking for a passionate and influential Quality Engineer who can manage diverse, innovative, and motivated engineers to rapidly deliver high-quality products.
The right person has recent hands-on “in the trenches” experience developing technical solutions, demonstrating a strong sense of collaboration in their work and professional relationships, clearly and thoughtfully communicates in their areas of expertise, empathizes with and advocates for customers’ needs. If you are someone who effectively moves between high-level concepts and low-level execution, then this is an excellent role for you!
This role will be reporting to our Quality Engineering Lead.
- You will need to develop deep expertise in product functionality.
- You will review functional requirements, business requirements, and use cases to create test plans and test cases utilizing Jira test management tools like Zephyr Scale or TestRail.
- You will work with product and engineering teams to ensure requirements and acceptance criteria are appropriately defined.
- You will manually test our software to ensure new and existing features as defined and document results to increase confidence in our application.
- You will identify and document defects, including steps to reproduce, expected behavior, and actual conduct.
- You will own components, processes, and workflows that demand excellent communication, teamwork, and documentation skills.
- You will be involved in writing Unit, Integration test cases using Pytest, Junit, and TestNG to support all automation framework users through continuous improvement and maintenance.
- You will be exposed to a broader range of problems, which allows for fast growth opportunities and vicinity to significant technical challenges.
- You have high attention to detail with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- You have a strong understanding of QA methodologies, tools, and techniques in a fast-paced SaaS environment.
- You have experience in functional, regression, integration, performance, load/stress testing (JMeter, Gatling), and exploratory test planning and execution.
- You have excellent troubleshooting skills to triage complete issues.
- You have experience in Python, Ruby on Rails, and Java to improve, debug, modify and maintain an automation framework codebase.
- You have a deep understanding of web applications and automation tools such as Robot Framework, Selenium, and BDD frameworks (Cypress, Cucumber.. etc.).You have experience with several database-related technologies (both RDBMS & NoSQL).
- You have experience with CI/CD tools like CircleCI or Jenkins.
- You have robust quality and automation mindset.
- You have experience in utilizing cloud computing services Such as Amazon web services.
- Fully covered medical, dental, and vision
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible vacation and remote work policies
- Generous professional development stipend
- Commuter stipend for public transportation
Torch provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.