- Company: Squire
- Posted: 10/22/2021
- Location: Remote
- Category: Professional
- Job Type: Direct Placement
WHO WE ARE
Squire is the world’s leading and fastest-growing software technology platform for barbershops, a hundred-billion-dollar global industry. We provide a one-stop solution that helps small business entrepreneurs run and grow their businesses.
Squire is also the premiere booking engine that connects people with great barbers nationwide. We make it easy to discover and book the best barbers wherever you are, in just a few taps.
With headquarters in New York and a presence in major cities in the United States, U.K. and Canada, Squire has quickly become a market leader in technology solutions for the barbershop industry.
Squire is currently a Series D company and has raised over $165M to date.
For more information, please visit getSquire.com or download the Squire iOS app from the App Store.
SQUIRE is looking for an exceptional Release Manager to join our DevOps team. The Release Manager is responsible for scheduling, planning, and controlling our software’s development and delivery process.
Director of DevOps
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan the release of project deliverables and release lifecycle.
- Manage our source code strategy (security, approvals, branching, etc) to ensure efficiency and best practices are followed.
- Communicate the project-related tasks such as plans, timelines, requirements, etc. between different teams.
- Coordinate the release schedule and resources required depending upon the third-party applications, backlogs, planned releases, and infrastructure updates.
- Identify the risks that can delay the release and manage them, such that the scope scheduled, and quality of the release is not affected.
- Track the progress and find issues, if any. Always work to improve the process of release.
- Create plans for the implementation and deployment as per the release schedule.
- Provide regular updates on the release activities.
- Maintain documentation related to procedures on build and release, various notifications lists, and dependencies.
- Make improvements in the methodologies used for release management and development of software.
- The duties and responsibilities outlined above are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned from time to time based on business needs.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience in working with DevOps and Agile methodologies
- Knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle
- Expertise in computer programming
- Excellent team and project management skills
- Experience in the use of Application Release automation tools
- Good understanding of application infrastructure, system architecture, and operating system
- Familiarity with CI/CD pipelines and automation (Jenkins preferred).
- Experience working with the Atlassian suite of products (Bitbucket, Jira, Confluence).
- A can-do attitude that can hit deadlines without cutting corners or sacrificing structural integrity.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong emotional intelligence and an ability for dynamic partnership across departments.
- Detail-oriented and data-driven.
- Impeccable time management and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Able to consistently estimate work to hit delivery timelines without losing good work-life balance.
- Self-motivated and self-sufficient with a strategic mindset.
- A proactive approach to spotting problems, areas for improvement, and performance bottlenecks
- Bachelor’s degree preferred (Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field)
- Management experience preferred
Squire provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.