Marketing Specialist (D2C)Apply
- Company: Top Seedz
- Posted: 01/10/2022
- Location: Buffalo, NY
- Category: Creative and Marketing
- Job Type: Direct Placement
What We Do
In sports, the top-seeded player or team is the one who is given the highest ranking in a seeded tournament—a player who is most favored to win. At Top Seedz, we firmly believe that we can create positive change within ourselves and in the world when we eat healthily. This is why since 2017, we’ve hand-make seed crackers and roasted seeds, and have recently started selling raw seeds and seed cracker mix (think of a cake mix for crackers). All of our products are organic, gluten-free, vegan and delicious. If you have what it takes to be a top seed and want to join our growing team, apply now!
A Day in the Life for the Direct to Consumer Marketing Specialist
- Drive growth by attracting and engaging with new and existing consumers.
- Collaborate with team members to execute sales and marketing campaigns, participating in brainstorming sessions to execute marketing plans for internal and external projects.
- Implement, measure and report performance of various marketing campaigns for brand-building and lead generation that align with overall company goals and
- Create email marketing campaigns to promote products and services
- Plan and execute digital marketing campaigns, engaging targets via email, paid social and display advertising, tracking performance and optimizing for success
- Build and execute a social media strategy across multiple channels
- Optimize company pages within each social media platform
- Implement Top Seedz’ social media strategy, developing monthly editorial calendars while consistently offering real-time perspective and engagement
- Serve as a copywriter for top Seedz’ content outputs such as newsletter, signage, bylines and other marketing collateral
- Develop and implement effective SEO strategies, conducting keyword research, link-building, optimizing content and analyzing/reporting on traffic, ranking etc.
- Manage Top Seedz website, keeping current, making updates to copy or content as needed and analyzing traffic
- Contribute to other lead generation and customer acquisition activities, such as sales enablement, media promotion, networking, trade shows and events.
What you Bring
- Bachelor in business, marketing or related discipline
- 3+ years professional experience in marketing, social media or digital role, agency and/or VC experience a plus
- Ability to develop marketing campaigns and promotions
- Working knowledge of current trends in the food industry and the ability to react quickly to a changing environment
- Outstanding writing skills and experience drafting long and short-form content, headlines and social posts
- Mastery and technical understanding of social platforms for posting and analysis
- Experience using social/digital tools such as Facebook Business Manager, Google Ads, Hootsuite, SEMrush or similar tools
Equal Employment Opportunity
Our organization will not discriminate against or harass any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age, marital status, familial status, veteran status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, status with regard to public assistance or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.