Senior DevOps EngineerApply
- Company: Torch
- Posted: 07/13/2021
- Location: Buffalo, NY
- Category: Engineering
- Job Type: Direct Placement
Backed by top-tier investors, Torch is a fast-growing, mission-driven SaaS startup made up of psychologically oriented people who are passionate about helping leaders achieve their potential. Torch’s platform provides coaches, clients, and customers with actionable insights into client and organizational strengths and challenges.
At Torch, we believe leadership matters. The world needs conscious leaders who drive invention, inspiration, and innovation to solve our time’s most significant opportunities and challenges. Torch exists to create and support these leaders.
Torch is a hybrid remote and distributed team with offices in San Francisco, Buffalo, and New York. Join us as we not only work to empower conscious leaders for our customers but within our internal team as well!
The Senior DevOps Engineer plays a critical role on our team. In this role, the candidate will mentor technical staff, help plan/design the structure of technology solutions, develop processes, and facilitate communication and teamwork.
Torch’s stack runs in AWS. We utilize Lambda, CloudFormation, SQS, RDS, CloudFront, EventBridge, Elasticache, EC2 instances, and Application Load Balancers. Most of the code from the engineering team is either Ruby or Python. We are continuously improving our monitoring, deployment processes and removing toil by implementing IaC wherever possible.
You are someone who is a problem solver that values repeatability and reliability. Has experience with turning documented processes into code that can eliminate the need for human intervention. You are a thought leader who has process documentation experience to help the team grow as the organization (and technology) grows.
This position reports to the DevOps Technology Director.
- You will provide direction on running our platform in AWS.
- You will design, configure, and support CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins, CircleCI, etc) in addition to overseeing maintenance procedures and perform diagnostic tests.
- You will identify opportunities for automation and efficiency in the end-to-end product delivery cycle.
- You will build new infrastructure to facilitate QE testing, development, and demo environments.
- You will support production systems and their dependencies to ensure business continuity.
- You will assist with software deployment through various staged operating environments (e.g., Development, QA, Staging, Production).
- You will consult with product and engineering on the operational requirements of software solutions.
- You will contribute expertise on information system options, risk, and operational impact.
- You will complete code and script updates.
- You will keep up-to-date documentation of system design, implementation, and troubleshooting.
- You will help develop monitoring of performance metrics for our systems.
- You will mentor our team members by helping them to hone tech skills/expertise while teaching best practices in Infrastructure as Code.
- You have professional experience as a DevOps Engineer in a cloud environment.
- You have strong Linux admin skills.
- You have automation experience with configuration management tools.
- You have experience with Docker, AWS, and CI/CD best practices.
- You have experience with monolith and microservice architectures.
- You have strong experience with Ansible or other automation tools/scripting.
- You are familiar with Datadog, Sentry, or other APM/Monitoring tools.
- You have production-level experience in Terraform, Docker, ECS, ECR, and Fargate.
- You are proficient with CloudFormation and/or Terraform.
- You are proficient with Git.
- You have excellent shell scripting skills.
- You have strong Linux debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- Fully covered medical, dental, and vision
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible vacation and remote work policies
- Generous professional development stipend
- Commuter stipend for public transportation
Torch provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.