Software Developer – option for remoteApply
- Company: Circuit Clinical
- Posted: 04/01/2021
- Location: Buffalo, NY
- Category: Software Development and Test
- Job Type: Direct Placement
Who we are:
Since 2015, we have been on a mission to transform the way people find, choose, and participate in clinical research by building one of the largest integrated research organizations in the U.S and by creating our award winning technology TrialJourney, the first ever patient rating and review platform for clinical trials. Our technology isn’t the only award winner! As a winner of the 2020 Best Places to Work contest by the Buffalo Business First periodical, we work hard to make sure our culture is focused around transparency, accountability, performance, and continuous learning – because just as we are obsessed with the patient experience in clinical trials, we are equally obsessed with the employee experience. We are looking to expand our growing team!
What we offer:
We are proud to offer competitive benefits, salary, and an environment focused on helping you grow personally and professionally. You’ll also get:
- Exposure to the a full lifecycle of a rapidly growing startup environment
- A deep dive into the clinical trials industry and how our technology solutions help improve healthcare experiences.
- Real world experience as we grow, improve and upgrade our technology stack and architecture.
What you’ll do:
As a Software Developer at Circuit Clinical, you will provide day-to-day development, enhancements, and support of Circuit Clinical’s software web stack. Some of the technologies we use are React, .NET/C#, MVC design patterns, and Azure Cloud. Our general approach is language agnostic, choosing the best language for the job.Being able to design applications from top to bottom, troubleshooting and fixing tough problems, hitting quick deadlines, knowing when to push back on requirements, mentoring other developers, raising the bar on coding standards, and providing meaningful feedback on code changes will all be very important parts of this role.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Working closely with digital team to build new solutions to real-world problems
- Building out our services in .NET C# / Core / Microsoft Stack
- Building out our next generation of UI/UX layers in React and Redux
- Participate in code reviews & design sessions as we grow our systems
Who you are:
- Our perfect candidate is a “T-shaped developer”—someone who has a broad interest and understanding of technology and the web, but also has deep interest in a specialized area.
- You have your own big ideas and will actively participate in user research debates.
- You love brainstorming and working collaboratively to solve problems in an efficiency, but thoughtful way.
- You are passionate about creating great products and will work to deliver.
- You value what we value: Thoughtful transparency, Expansive Inclusion, Relentless Performance, Fearless Accountability, Talent Obsession, and Continuous Learning.
- Hungry – some people just burn to make a difference AND will pay the price to be great and build something amazing.
- Happy – optimists are the only people who ever change the world.
- Humble – you’re GREAT – so is everyone else here, act accordingly.
- Smart – table stakes & LAST for a reason… but still on the list!
- BS or MS in Computer Science (or related field) or non-traditional experience
Your preferred experience:
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals (theory, data structures, algorithms)
- 3 to 5+ years production software development experience
- Experience with C#, JS (think ES5/ES6) with TypeScript and React design patterns
- Worked in web applications built with React, Angular or similar SPA frameworks
- Experience building RESTful APIs utilized by backend, web and mobile applications
- Deep understanding of databases and expertise SQL / T-SQL / Entity Framework
- Deep understanding of design patterns for data and system design
- Familiarity with Agile methods and work effectively in a scrum/kanban workflows
- A solid command of source control systems – think Git
- Exposure to Cloud in Azure and Google
- Experience with Microsoft Azure Cloud technologies including SQL Server, MVC, MVVC
- Experience with DevOps, automation, and CI/CD
- Experience with unit and integration testing
Who you’ll report to:
- Reporting to our Product Owner, you will work collaboratively with the Product and Digital Team.
The other fine print:
- Location: This position is located in Buffalo, NY with the option to work remotely
- Travel: Minimal
- Exemption status: Full time, exempt
- Physical requirements: the following physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Regularly required to sit; use hands; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision
- Other duties: the duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and that additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time; or. the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands