Software Engineer, Front End III – TransportationApply
- Company: ACV Auctions
- Posted: 05/20/2021
- Location: Buffalo, NY
- Category: Engineering Human Resources Software Development and Test
ACV Auctions is the leading dealer-to-dealer, online automotive marketplace in the nation. We bring transparency to every transaction from start to finish, ensuring peace of mind and value for our customers. We do this with a combination of the industry’s best technology and the world’s best people. As a result of our team’s tireless effort and dedication, we’re growing at a staggering rate. ACV is attracting new people from widely different backgrounds and geographies who are invested in the genuine belief that we are creating something special. ACV Transportation is an organization within ACV Auctions that is responsible for after auction Transportation for our ACV Auctions users.
Who we are looking for:
ACV Transportation is looking for a Software Engineer that will focus on the web components of our Transportation products and tools. This team is the power behind our Transportation products and is responsible for developing new functionality for our internal tools and external facing applications that are used by thousands of customers every day.
You will work alongside software and production engineers to build and ship new features that will drive the growth of ACV Transportation. We value practical software experience in addition to a thorough understanding of computer science fundamentals. The technologies you are familiar with are less important to us than your ability to solve complex software problems and apply software engineering best practices.
What you will do:
- Design, develop, and maintain code for our web-based applications.
- Collaborate with software and production engineers to design scalable services, plan feature roll-out, and ensure high reliability and performance for your products.
- Conduct code reviews, contribute high-quality documentation and build robust test suites for your products.
What you will need:
- BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline or equivalent practical experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with client-side software development. Our current systems are in Vue, PHP, and React Native
- You have experience in a highly iterative environment with automated testing and continuous integration.
What we will offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Upbeat Innovated Culture
- Professional training opportunities
- Flexible schedules
ACV Auctions is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.