- Company: Torch
- Posted: 07/13/2021
- Location: Buffalo, NY
- Category: Engineering
- Job Type: Direct Placement
Backed by top-tier investors, Torch is a fast-growing, mission-driven SaaS startup made up of psychologically oriented people who are passionate about helping leaders achieve their potential. Torch’s platform provides coaches, clients, and customers with actionable insights into client and organizational strengths and challenges.
At Torch, we believe leadership matters. The world needs conscious leaders who drive invention, inspiration, and innovation to solve our time’s most significant opportunities and challenges. Torch exists to create and support these leaders.
Torch is a hybrid remote and distributed team with offices in San Francisco, Buffalo, and New York. Join us as we not only work to empower conscious leaders for our customers but within our internal team as well!
The Solutions Engineer is an integral part of the Technology Operations Team engaged in understanding client business requirements and creating comprehensive functional demonstrations.
You will be responsible for providing specific product and technical knowledge, advice, and solutions to our sales representatives and customers for new customer deployments, expansion projects, and internal initiatives. In addition, you will work with multiple teams internally (ex. sales, customer success, engineering, and the product teams) and act as a presale trusted advisor to internal sales and customer success teams and clients or prospects.
This role will report to the Director of Solutions Engineering.
- You will own the technical onboarding process for all of our new customers, including the configuration of new tenants, implementing SSO, and supporting the Customer Success team as the technical expert on customer calls for particular case launches.
- You will collaborate with Sales and Product teams to design and implement creative solutions, enabling the growth of our clients.
- You will work with the Product Engineering team to improve various front-end tools and backend scripts used to configure, maintain and modify the environments.
- You will take part in the peer code review processes.
- You will become a contributor to various technology communities and meetups.
- You have experience working with and configuring web-based software/platforms.
- You have experience working cross-functionally within a small, fast-moving startup.
- You are comfortable with several database technologies such as SQL, RDBMS & NoSQL.
- You have familiarity with programming concepts. Server-side programming skills with a modern language, preferably Ruby on Rails – Python, Java, or C# are preferred, not mandatory.
- You have experience working on the Linux command line – preferred, not mandatory.
- You have hands-on experience discussing problems with customers and actively working towards a solution that supports their business needs.
- You have experience running live demos while answering technical questions in-depth. You embody a professional services mindset while being a self-starter individual.
- Fully covered medical, dental, and vision
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible vacation and remote work policies
- Generous professional development stipend
- Commuter stipend for public transportation
Torch provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.