Sr. Escalation SpecialistApply
- Company: ACV Auctions
- Posted: 08/03/2022
- Location: Buffalo, NY
- Category: Finance and Accounting
- Job Type: Direct Placement
ACV’s mission is to build and enable the most trusted and efficient digital marketplaces for buying and selling used vehicles with transparency and comprehensive data that was previously unimaginable. We are powered by a combination of the world’s best people and the industry’s best technology. At ACV, we are driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and rewarded with a work environment that enables each Teammate to impact the company from day one. ACV’s network of brands includes ACV Auctions, ACV Transportation and ACV Capital within its Marketplace Products as well as True360 and Data Services.
What you will be doing:
- The Sr. Escalation Specialist will report to a Payments Manager and their primary responsibility will be to review financial transactions to identify and resolve issues, in order to mitigate financial losses to the company.
- The Sr. Escalation Specialist will communicate with buyers, sellers and sales teams to obtain valid payments.
- They will also perform all duties assigned by the Payments Manager. they must also know, practice and ensure that company policies and procedures in addition to state and federal laws are followed at all times by persons under their jurisdiction.
- Resolve outstanding unpaid invoices – which includes the necessary accounting steps, along with contacting customers for payments, recommending placement with collections agency and or beginning fraud investigations. Ensure customers receive prompt, efficient and courteous attention for all contacts and transactions.
- Handle calls and written communications with dealers, floorplans and business partners to resolve payment escalations and differences in a polite and distinct manner.
- Investigate complex customer requests, billing disputes and account issues.
- Perform accounting functions within Netsuite.
- Understand and enforce the ACV policies and procedures.
- Practice and promote teamwork at all times. Set a good personal example of attitude and performance.
- Ensure proper follow-through on all directives, bulletins, schedules, and accounting from the Payments Managers.
- Maintain a good flow of communications with the entire team including all levels of management.
What you will need:
- A minimum of 3 years of customer service or accounts receivable experience.
- A minimum of a High School Diploma / GED required.
- College degree in a related field strongly preferred.
- Self-motivated with sense of urgency for quality resolution.
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to influence and motivate team members
- Experience with Netsuite and Salesforce strongly preferred.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and provide a high degree of service.
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent Problem-Solving skills.
- Accuracy in reporting and presenting financial information.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
What we will offer:
- Comprehensive Benefits offerings for benefits eligible Teammates.
- Unique culture that truly values each and every Teammate.
- Career Development and Future Growth Opportunities.