Technical Support AssociateApply
- Company: Torch
- Posted: 07/13/2021
- Location: Buffalo, NY
- Category: Technical Support
- Job Type: Direct Placement
Backed by top-tier investors, Torch is a fast-growing, mission-driven SaaS startup made up of psychologically oriented people who are passionate about helping leaders achieve their potential. Torch’s platform provides coaches, clients, and customers with actionable insights into client and organizational strengths and challenges.
At Torch, we believe leadership matters. The world needs conscious leaders who drive invention, inspiration, and innovation to solve our time’s most significant opportunities and challenges. Torch exists to create and support these leaders.
Torch is a hybrid remote and distributed team with offices in San Francisco, Buffalo, and New York. Join us as we not only work to empower conscious leaders for our customers but within our internal team as well!
Torch is seeking a Technical Support Associate to provide exceptional customer-facing and internal support of the Torch Platform and IT services. The Technical Support Associate position is an excellent opportunity to push your skills to the next level and be a crucial part of growing the Technical Support team at a fast-paced, high-growth startup.
You will play a critical role in supporting our coaches, clients, and internal teams. In addition, you will be taking an empathetic approach to triage and resolve technical issues for users across multiple offices and global locations.
You are someone who has a passion for personal development and growth while being a service-minded professional who enjoys solving problems and creating great experiences.
This role will be reporting to the Manager of Technical Support.
- You will provide tier 1 & 2 support to our clients, coaches, and Customer Success teams on the Torch platform. Triaging issues and usage questions using tools such as the built-in admin console, logging and monitoring tools like LogRocket, and remote support technologies like Zoom.
- You will support corporate IT Operations through accounts management in addition to hardware triage, AV, and network setup.
- You will provide on-call support as needed for special projects while identifying and escalating issues and bugs to Engineering and Product teams.
- You will be a cross-departmental technical resource by identifying process improvements and best practices while driving accountability for process change.
- You will manage support queues through the Jira Service Desk, Intercom, email, and Slack.
- You will utilize remote log-in technologies to triage, train and provide support as needed.
- You will contribute to and maintain internal and customer-facing knowledge bases.
- You have Experienced working in a remote environment and providing desktop support for remote employees.
- You have experience working with ticketing and communication systems like Jira Service Desk, Slack, and G-Suite.
- You have experience providing customer-facing technical support for a web application.
- You have basic knowledge or experience with SQL is a plus, not mandatory.
- You are comfortable with the Linux command line, and running commands is a plus, not mandatory.
- You have experience triaging and communicating technical issues with less technical users, read between the lines, and connecting with the user on their level.
- You can adapt in a rapidly evolving environment, collaborating across multiple teams while working on numerous issues and projects.
- You can take advantage of times of low volume to improve skills, processes, and relationships.
- Fully covered medical, dental, and vision
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible vacation and remote work policies
- Generous professional development stipend
- Commuter stipend for public transportation
Torch provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.