- Company: 43North
- Posted: 04/05/2021
- Location: Buffalo, NY
- Category: Creative and Marketing
- Job Type: Direct Placement
Are you a storyteller with an eye for the interesting and a passion for creating compelling content? Do you have a desire to educate, promote, and tell a story through film across multiple platforms? Can you handle change and deliver under tight timelines when needed? Are you curious about Buffalo’s startup ecosystem and passionate about the Queen City?
If so, you might be 43North’s next Videographer.
Working for 43North is an experience like no other. We are on a mission to boost Buffalo’s startup ecosphere by attracting founders through one of the country’s largest startup competitions. From there, we invest in the best and become an extension of their team. Our team is small, scrappy and determined to win. We push boundaries, thrive on creativity, and are driven to succeed. If you like a fast-paced atmosphere where you will be pushed to grow, learn, and develop your skill set, 43North might be the place for you. All you have to do is apply now. It’s happening here.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As Videographer, you’ll be responsible for producing and editing video content that showcases and strengthens the 43North brand and reputation on a local, national, and global scale. Utilizing your creative skills and working in collaboration with the larger marketing team, you’ll create and edit campaigns to post across the brand’s social media accounts, websites, and related marketing platforms.
A strong candidate has extensive experience using video editing software and enjoys presenting a complete, polished project on deadline.
Specific responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Pitch, storyboard, script, coordinate, produce, film, and edit video projects that support the organization’s objectives.
- Capture and edit high-quality, short-form videos including interviews, promotional videos, and social media advertising in styles suitable for various platforms and purposes, such as websites,
- Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Support video projects through all pre and post-production stages to final asset delivery.
- Collaborate with wider team to establish and execute project goals, as well as ideate concepts.
- Coordinate filming with subjects, providing direction as needed during filming.
- Set-up and breakdown of lighting and audio equipment and applying fundamentals of lighting, sound recording, and video production when filming.
- Maintain all data files, ensuring data organization is clear, manageable, in addition to content being correctly cataloged and secure.
- Develop editorial standards that improve the content across the department.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Minimum of 3-5 years relevant experience creating and editing.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud, After Effects, Adobe Premiere, or similar.
- Ability to create graphics in either Photoshop or Illustrator.
- Experience storytelling across media (video, photography, audio).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledgeable in applying fundamentals of lighting and audio recording for each video production and delivering high-quality results.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team, and independently as needed.
- Outgoing and confident personality, able to work with and alongside new people with ease.
- Ability to work in a professional environment and appropriately represent the company.
- Track record of creating videos that grow and engage social audiences.
- Team-oriented mindset with a positive attitude, collaborative spirit and willingness to pitch in as needed.
- Highly organized and highly motivated self-starter with a strong attention to detail.
- Passion for startups, Buffalo and economic development.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A chance to contribute to building Buffalo’s entrepreneurial ecosystem
- Unlimited PTO and company holidays
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k enrollment with matching contribution
- Casual work environment in Buffalo’s tech hub at Seneca One Tower
To apply, email a cover letter and resume to Christian@43north.org.