VP of Software EngineeringApply
- Company: Strayos
- Posted: 10/24/2021
- Location: Buffalo, NY
- Category: Senior Management Software Development and Test
At Strayos, we are transforming the Mining industry through our advanced visual AI software platform that our customers use on a daily basis to make key operational and business decisions. We are creating AI-driven ore extraction of the Future. This involves generating insights from imagery, videos, and heavy machinery sensor data to analyze drilling and blasting and bringing all of these AI and machine learning platforms to the edge with node devices.
Why work for Strayos?
This is your chance to join a startup, and 43North’s one-million-dollar winner. You will be a part of building something from the ground up and truly be able to make an impact. Strayos is changing the scope of the mining industries with a revolutionary technology. You will also be part of the 43North community working out of our brand-new office space at Seneca One in downtown Buffalo – the view is amazing! On top of that, we offer flexible schedules, generous time-off policy and a great workplace culture!
About the VP of Engineering Role:
We are seeking a highly technical engineering leader, with an established track record of management and execution, to join our team in Buffalo, NY.
Strayos is looking for a VP of Engineering to join our startup to help build and head up a lean, agile engineering team while spending some time in the code. You will be an inspiring manager and team builder with a proven track record of scaling engineering departments. You will work directly with Strayos’ CEO to support and contribute to all phases of the software development lifecycle and support. You are a great fit, if you are someone who has the ability to quickly translate ideas into solid code, problem solve, and guide a team through the ongoing development of a complex AI platform. You will engage with customers and cross-functional stakeholders across the company.
- Manage a diverse team of software engineers, AI and data engineers responsible for delivering SaaS solutions and services in a fast-paced environment.
- Collaborate effectively with the cross functional team of product, engineering, BD, sales, marketing and customer service to establish and deliver on a roadmap.
- Provide a clear vision and technology roadmap for the engineering organization that meets market demands and ensures the development of products that are flexible, scalable, reliable and maintainable.
- Deliver high quality enterprise-grade solutions under aggressive timelines and within budget.
- Create/improve development processes, technology infrastructure, and a culture that enables a geographically dispersed team to collaborate effectively.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience deploying and maintaining enterprise-scale, production software, services and data on one or more cloud platforms, including AWS, Google Cloud or Azure using OS images, containers and Serverless
- Experience designing, operating, and supporting external facing APIs is highly desirable
- Demonstrated expertise in running Agile teams in an enterprise setting; technology savvy, comfortable with continuous integration and continuous delivery models
- Strong leadership skills with a demonstrated ability to inspire, motivate and grow teams to achieve high engagement, efficiency, and quality
- Strong development experience in python, angular and ruby is highly desirable; experience in Java or C++ is desirable.
- Experience as a technical team lead, passionate about leading and building advanced AI models and algorithms.
- Knowledge of robotics, perception technologies and computer vision are a plus.