Backend Senior Software EngineerApply
- Company: AireXpert
- Posted: 01/11/2023
- Location: Buffalo, NY (Remote/Hybrid)
- Category: Software Engineering
- Job Type: Fulltime
- Experience Level: 5+ Years
If you are looking to make a difference in the aviation industry and have rapid growth potential within a company, AireXpert is a perfect place for you! Join our dynamic, growing team as we expand AireXpert’s reach and change an industry.
AireXpert is tech startup in Buffalo, NY that is here to transform the way aircraft maintenance operations occur within an airline. Built exclusively for aircraft operators, our one-of-a-kind digital platform, combines project management and communications technology that connects all maintenance stakeholders and amplifies performance like never before. AireXpert is here to enhance ethical standards to the industry while providing outstanding customer service.
Our crew has gained significant traction with airline brands that you rely on to fly and we’re always giving them tools to transform how they operate. We now have a loyal customer base with high-growth opportunities ahead of us and want you to join our journey!
As a backend engineer working on a web and mobile application, your day-to-day tasks would involve designing, building, and maintaining the server-side of the application. You would work with technologies such as databases, server-side languages, and API design to build and deploy new features and updates to the application, and ensure that the systems you build are scalable, reliable, and secure. You would also collaborate with frontend developers and other team members to ensure that the application functions smoothly and provides a seamless user experience on both web and mobile platforms.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Architect and deliver features within the AireXpert platform
- Collaborate with software and production engineers to design scalable services, plan feature roll-out, and ensure high reliability and performance of our products
- Contribute, influence, and set standards for all technical aspects of a product or service including but not limited to; testing, debugging, performance, and languages
- Modify and develop custom software patterns as needed to solve the most complex software problems
- Accountable for the overall performance of products and/or services within a defined area of focus
- Conduct code reviews, develop high-quality documentation, and build robust test suites for your products
- Respond to and troubleshoot the most complex problems quickly, efficiently, and effectively
- Acts as a mentor or leader for less experienced engineers
- Handle multiple competing priorities in an agile, fast-paced environment
Qualifications & Requirements:
- 5+ years in server side software systems
- 5+ years working with Amazon Web Services
- Strongly skilled in Python and Django frameworks
- Working understanding of a Linux environment
- Familiar with development tools including Git, Maven, and Gradle
- Experience working in an Agile development environment/process
- Must be willing to periodically be on-call during non-work hours to diagnose and fix emergent issues
- Stock Options
- Unlimited PTO
- StartupNY status
- Health/dental/vision insurance offered
- Remote work (if you prefer)
AireXpert is an equal opportunity employer: we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We not only value but emphasize diversity of thought and being.