Chief Compliance OfficerApply
- Company: Verivend
- Posted: 01/24/2022
- Location: Buffalo, NY
- Category: Senior Leadership Senior Management
- Experience Level:
Verivend is a fast-growing fintech company, changing the way businesses transact with their customers and vendors. Our Software-as-a-Service platform connects businesses with their customers and vendors to reduce the friction, time, and costs associated with receivables, payables, and reconciliation efforts, resulting in fundamental improvements to cashflow clarity and predictability for our customers.
In addition to getting paid faster through Verivend’s platform built around invoice innovation, businesses immediately gain the ability to administer RFPs, Quotes and Purchase Orders, and transact with all of their customers and vendors.
Verivend’s Core Values are dedicated to the following areas:
- Commitment to Clients – Without our clients Verivend does not exist. A fierce commitment to client satisfaction is the lifeblood of our company. We will always go above and beyond to support our client base by being the most responsive to all customer service needs.
- Personal Development – The personal and professional goals of each employee is a top priority to our company. We have a continued commitment to allow all employees to develop both professionally and personally as they grow their careers, and believe it is the responsibility of each employee to assist one other in that journey.
- Transparency – Openness, honesty, communication, and accountability are at the core of all that we do. There’s never room for egos and everyone always has access to the same information.
- Diversity and Inclusion – Verivend has an unwavering commitment to diversity and inclusion. Bringing varied perspectives and backgrounds is essential to innovation. Collaboration among team members with diverse points of view generates insightful and greater visions, which better serve our clients, employees, and community.
With headquarters in our hometown of Buffalo, NY, and a flexible, dynamic workforce, Verivend and its employees provide the fastest and most secure way for businesses to do business.
Verivend is looking for a Chief Compliance Officer to serve as a key member of our Leadership Team. In this role, you will be responsible for coordinating and ensuring day-to-day compliance of Verivend’s AML (Anti-Money Laundering) program, following the requirements of the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and the USA PATRIOT Act.
- Ongoing monitoring of customers’ financial transactions and reporting as necessary
- Ongoing management of Know Your Customer (KYC) program and ensure it is followed and updated as needed
- Quality Control (QC) processes and review of high-risk transactions, sampling to be performed for lower-risk transactions, and review at onboarding, as well as periodic review and assessment for changes in risk profile
- Filing of reports including those based on the identification of suspicious activity (SARs)
- Make final decisions on SAR filing with FinCEN
- Ensure AML program is current and updated as needed, including policies and procedures
- Ensure all employees receive training in order to follow AML/BSA program’s policies and procedures at all times
- BSA Officer may have other responsibilities (e.g. broader compliance responsibilities)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience, Graduate degree or MBA preferred
- 3+ years of experience in performing BSA/AML/OFAC compliance functions for a money transmitter or a banking institution
- Prior compliance officer role and responsibilities exceeding the industry mandates for money transmission businesses
- Must demonstrate acceptable, current training on topics directly related to the activities and business of money transmission
- Experience with the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA)
- Extensive understanding of financial products and services
- Experience of filing Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) with FinCEN based on the identification of suspicious financial transactions
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) certification preferred
We are a welcoming and diverse team with a wide range of backgrounds and experiences.
Verivend is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation