- Company: 43North
- Posted: 04/19/2022
- Location: Buffalo, NY
- Category: Internship
- Job Type: Internship
Are you a creative thinker, with a knack for planning, organization, project management skills, and a desire to work in event management? Can you efficiently complete tasks in a fast-paced working environment? Are you curious about Buffalo’s startup ecosystem and passionate about the Queen City?
If so, you might be the right person to join 43North’s team as an Event intern!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The events intern will play a key role in supporting 43North’s team leading up to our annual startup competition in the fall. This individual will support the Community and Events Manager as well as other team members during the planning and execution of community events including 43North’s Finals competition at Shea’s Performing Arts Center in October.
In this role you will serve as an on-the-ground resource for in-person events – which may include being responsible for event setup, hanging signage, carrying boxes, packing gift bags, greeting event attendees, and everything in between. A collaborative spirit and a willingness to roll up your sleeves and pitch in will be required.
Specific responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Participate in creative discussions surrounding event planning and execution. Events include everything from Bagel Tuesdays to Happy Hours to Boat tours to 43North Finals, and more.
- Emailing or calling event vendors for quotes, delivery updates, and inquiries.
- Day of tasks, such as hanging signage, carrying boxes, packing gift bags, greeting event attendees, and passing out swag.
- Other duties as assigned
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Live and work locally in Buffalo, NY. This position is NOT remote.
- Availability for a minimum of 15 hours/week May 2022 – August 2022 (summer) OR August 2022 – December 2022 (fall)
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality, Entertainment, Communications, Event
Planning, or Business (preferred but not required)
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to carry out tasks, such as lifting heavy objects, moving signage, and setting up events.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, creative, and analytical skills
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced work environment
- An understanding of the city of Buffalo’s cultural and entertainment assets and knowledge of Western New York’s entrepreneurial landscape
- The ability to learn and use software including Gmail, Asana, Slack, Notion, Canva, and Google Drive
- Team-oriented mindset with a positive attitude, collaborative spirit, and willingness to pitch in as needed
- Passion for startups, Buffalo, and economic development
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A chance to contribute to building Buffalo’s entrepreneurial ecosystem
- Casual work environment in Buffalo’s tech hub at Seneca One Tower
- An opportunity to network with hundreds of like-minded individuals, as well as Buffalo’s top companies and fastest-growing startups
HOW TO APPLY:
Make sure to include:
■ Subject line: Make the subject line “43N Events Internship”
■ 1 Minute Pitch Video
- Since 43N holds an annual business plan competition where startup founders pitch on stage, we want to hear your pitch! Send us a 1 Minute video explaining why you want to join the 43N Internship Program and why you’re a good fit! You can send us a link to the video via Google drive, put it on as an unlisted video on Youtube, or create a TikTok and send us the link (get creative)!