- Company: PostProcess
- Posted: 10/22/2021
- Location: Buffalo, NY
- Category: Engineering
- Job Type: Direct Placement
If you’re looking to join the hottest tech company in the fast growing 3D printing / Additive Manufacturing (AM) market, this is the role for you. PostProcess is the only intelligent and automated post printing solution for 3D printed parts. As the pioneer of automated 3D post-printing, we’re in a unique position to help establish a sector with sustainable values at the forefront. Become part of our team. And join the revolution.
As a Procurement Engineer, you will be responsible for evaluating, maintaining, and growing our supplier relationships. The successful candidate will have the ability to think strategically about our business and our customers’ success, while working in collaboration across all departments and all teams to deliver exceptional customer satisfaction to our growing list of global customers. Customer focus and hands-on execution are hallmarks of a successful PostProcess teammate.
- Open PTO Policy: Take as many vacation, sick & mental-health days as you need, as long as you are meeting your performance goals.
- Benefits: Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance: a portion paid by the company. Employee Assistance Program and 401K. 10 holiday days off.
- Come As You Are: No need to worry about a stuffy dress code. We’re all about being comfortable in whatever makes you most productive.
- Equity: The potential net worth increase that the team members who join the company at this relatively early stage is unmatched in Buffalo. No promises here of course, but with the right team members executing our strategy, our future looks bright.
- Bonus potential based on company financial performance up to 20%
- Team with Engineering to understand the technical requirements for specified parts/components/manufactured assemblies
- Establish processes to meet service lead time expectations and reliable delivery communication to the team
- Research providers of existing and new technologies well suited to meeting our overall requirements and coordinate collaboration with our engineering team to drive successful solutions
- Evaluate suppliers to establish the most cost effective, best fit solutions meeting our technical requirements as well as meeting our aggressive deadlines/lead times
- Build supplier relationships resulting in long term business partners who understand our requirements and are eager to be a part of our success
- Own our costed Bill of Materials (BOM) by keeping it up to date with the most current revisions ● Focus on key margin opportunities while negotiating with suppliers effectively which encompasses high quality part alternatives at the best price
- Focus on cost out opportunities to consolidate purchases of common parts across multiple solution typesMaintain inventory levels of spare parts and forecast inventory in inventory control tool
- Team closely with leader to develop OKRs that are laser-aligned with our company OKRs ● Work with finance to create clear transmission of orders and billing
- Work with our International team to establish a solid inventory and delivery management and communication process
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business Administration
- 2-5 years of experience in domestic purchasing, shipping, inventory controls and planning in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to read Engineering drawings and interpret specifications
- International procurement experience
- Experience working with and sourcing suppliers of bent metal, machined, mechanical, electrical and electro-mechanical parts
- Experience in working with Chemistry teams and regulations
- Strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative team player approach. Ability to build trust and confidence with peers and other stakeholders.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, sometimes chaotic environment including a high tolerance for ambiguity.
- Extremely well organized with excellent prioritization and time management skills. ● Effective positive “name what you see” communicator that is transparent with the ability to take a strong position when required for the good of the company. Also able to communicate clearly, concisely and professionally.
- A penchant for experimentation with the ability to make decisions with limited data and be willing to fail fast. A continuous improvement / growth mindset and approach are essential. ● Strong computer skills, especially in Google Drive, Gmail, Google Apps and Microsoft Office products
- Experience in an early stage, high growth company is beneficial
● Knowledge of Additive Manufacturing is helpful or an interest in cutting edge technology