Senior Sales ManagerApply
- Company: Big Wheelbarrow
- Posted: 01/10/2022
- Location: Buffalo, NY
- Category: Sales and Business Development
- Job Type: Direct Placement
Here’s the role:
Senior Sales Manager with latitude to shape company sales strategy and expand our footprint. Here’s the catch: How much do you care about local food and farms? Do you contribute to sustainability and food security in your community? If you do, and those qualities are important to you, let’s talk Big Wheelbarrow.
As a sales manager at Big Wheelbarrow, you’ll focus on our grocery retail customers to extend and improve our local food supply chain platform. It’s a big job, and it’s not for everyone. But if you’re still reading at this point, and interested, here’s what we’re looking for:
You will make an impact by:
- Working our target customer list to acquire new logos and high value deals
- Cultivating relationships with new customers, farms and brokers
- Identifying opportunities for new revenue and growth, working with our business development partner on converting account growth opportunities
- Developing and managing programs for extending our business in key accounts to new grocery categories
- Understanding and utilizing all software, e-mail task management and desktop applications used by the Big Wheelbarrow team
- Developing and achieving strategic revenue and profit objectives
- Establishing and managing business plans, proposals, pricing models, contracts, operations reports, SLA tracking and any other pertinent documents to support key assigned accounts
- Employing active listening and thoughtful questioning strategies to investigate and identify customer pain points our platform is positioned to address
You could be a fit if:
- You have the sales acumen and desire to build the relationships through growth and identification of new opportunities
- You are experienced and adept at consensus driven enterprise sales
- Your track record shows strong close rates with customers that have ROI and long term value
- You make recommendations supported by data for account changes, gaps or improved performance to meet the required goals
- You possess understanding of the grocery supply chain and grocery retail environment
- Your work history displays broker management experience as well as customer service and relationship management skills
What’s the team like?
We are a company of four founders supported by a small team. The Senior Account Manager will be a key hire for us in 2022 and will be a full time employee in the Buffalo, New York area.
This position will report to the Chief Executive Officer and work with our referring broker partners. This role will be key in developing and executing our expansion with new accounts in the form of new logos or expansion into additional categories in existing accounts.
In this role you will interact with the full Big Wheelbarrow team and work closely with our Chief Executive Officer and Chief Operations Officer as well as our customers.
Our company is at a point between market fit and accelerating growth. The Senior Sales Manager must make sales and shape the future of the sales organization.
Why Big Wheelbarrow?
Our mission is to create sustainable cities by helping grocers work with local farms and food producers. It’s the basis for creating local, sustainable food systems.
Our mission requires a smart, dedicated team. As such, you’ll have:
- Competitive base plus commission
- Unlimited paid PTO
- Start-up New York tax-free status, which allows you to pay no New York income tax
- Options in our growing company
- Workspace in Buffalo’s Seneca One Tower
- Unparalleled access to our teams’ excellent culinary and mixology skills
We value diversity at Big Wheelbarrow. We will never discriminate based on someone’s race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.